For a full list of my adventures in search of a c++ unit tester, return to the main page here. This section will focus on one candidate: CUTE.
Documentation: CUTE documentation
This documentation is quite thorough!! Bonus points =)
Downloaded standalone version. Done! =)
Run An Example
- Starting with simpletest.cpp, provided in
- Working with the existing directory structure, we need to change all the includes to
g++ -o test simpletest.cpp, then run
I see the following output:
- Great documentation!
- Can add messages to ASSERTs
- Helper functions allowed within a test (although you would have to use messages to create a useful backtrace)
- Requires lots of included files
- Test running in main has a lot of “magic” that requires a real understanding of CUTE to interpret. Most people would probably just copy-paste.
- Output is clunky. Failures are not immediately obvious